June 28, 2016
DIY Smoking Utensils - Part 1
It’s Friday night. You are at home with your finest dried herbal mixture, ready for maximum chill time. You look left and then right, searching for your prized water pipe. Your pesky cat leaps out. The bong falls in seemingly slow motion to the floor. One huge crash and it’s all over. You have been meaning to pick up a new glass piece for a few months now, so this brings that task up on your life to-do list. But what do you do after you place your order on Everyone Does It and patiently wait for your new stunning bong to arrive?
Improvise, baby! This particular blogger has smoked out of pretty much anything. If holes can be drilled into it, you bet that I’ve smoked out of it. During a particularly dark moment a stray lime from a dive bar was utilized. Huddled in the dank, graffiti covered unisex bar bathroom, my partner and I took turns taking pathetic hits off this woeful lime pipe. But it was better than not indulging. Although we were a bit ashamed of the act, the results were the same and we enjoyed the rest of our evening in a healthy haze.
Following are some concepts for your next moment of personal smoking desperation or panic. Keep calm and use some of these ideas!
- Remove stem
- Poke a not too large hole at the top core straight down. Make this tunnel hit at roughly ¾ of the way to the bottom. Do not poke through the bottom.
- Grab a hollow pen and make a second tunnel to intersect the first carved out pass. Use a slight angle.
- Do a test pull with the pen, ensuring there is no more apple gunk in the makeshift mouthpiece.
- The top area near the core acts as your bowl. Light and pull the smoke through the side improvised lip.
- Find a malleable and soft candy that is already rectangular or can be gently formed into a rectangular cube shape (Think Starburst or Boehme Fruchtkaramellen).
- Unwrap each piece and then mash a row of these candy pieces together
- Grab a skewer and poke a rounded hole through the top side of it. This will act as your bowl.
- Now make a hole 2/3 of the way through the stack. Must hit the bottom of your bowl.
- The second hole at the mouth of the tunnel you created acts as your mouthpiece.
Check out tomorrow's blog for more stealth smoking methods!